For the first time, students from the Faculty of Arts, with the support of CICDA: The Faculty of Arts Student Society, will be publishing an undergraduate academic journal. Carried in both print and online format, the Laurier Undergraduate Journal of the Arts will demonstrate the very best talent our student body has to offer in our measured opinions and our informative expertise. All undergraduate students enrolled in Arts programs are invited to submit their works for review and potential publication. Taking part can improve your writing skills through our review process; impress graduate committees when applying; or, support the student community by demonstrating the highest standards of academic skill.
Submissions are now closed for the 2013/14 year. Any submissions received from here forward will be considered for the 2014/15 year. Papers can be submitted from ANY YEAR OF STUDY and you may submit TWO PAPERS to the journal. If you have any questions or need any help with submitting, see our Contact Us page and contact the appropriate representative.
- the work in question must have received a grade of 80% or better from a professor in the Faculty of Arts.
- a cover page must be attached to the submission with the author’s name, the class in which the work was originally graded and the name of the professor who graded it.
- the work must be presented in such a way that a person unfamiliar with the field can understand the general claims being made. In the event that this is not possible due to the medium or aesthetic of the work, an author’s statement should be included,
- the work should meet the style and methodology standards for the discipline in question.
- all submissions MUST be received by January 31, 2015.
Works will be reviewed by editors from within the program. Note that the work need not be a piece of writing. Although audio and video formats cannot be printed, such submissions may be displayed in our web publication. For general enquiries, please send us an email at: email@example.com We eagerly await your ideas!
The Managing and Editorial Board for the Laurier Undergraduate Journal of Arts